Father’s day is coming up in a few days. Have you done your shopping for Dad yet? Perhaps you have no idea what to give him this year besides the usual gift card, tie, or shirt. I have the best gift ideas for Father’s Day. Do you want to change things up and give him something different? Would you believe essential oils can be great for men as well as women? I’ve got some essential oil gift ideas that the special Father in your life will love. What’s a better gift than something you made just for him?
That special dad will love the time you spent making any of these gifts for him. You can make several of these and find yourself a ‘manly’ basket like this to make a ‘Dad’ kit. (Here’s one) Or if you find yourself running out of time, make just one of these gifts. Either way, that special dad in your life will love them because they were made with love. How can he not love it, especially when it’s something he can use and every time he does it will remind him of you!
Here we go! Are you ready for some amazing gift ideas?
1. Shaving Cream
Shaving Cream can be used with several kinds of razors; cartridge razor, straight razor, safety razor, and disposable razor. Here are a couple essential oil recipes for shave cream that will give your dad the best shave ever. Which one will you make him?
CLOVE/CEDARWOOD SHAVING CREAM
This is rich, creamy, and moisturizing. It has only good and healthy ingredients. Cedarwood essential oil is great for the skin. It protects the skin from toxins and environmental pollutants and can soothe any skin irritations. This oil can also get rid of the bacteria that causes acne. Another great benefit to using cedarwood is that it can reduce the appearance of the aging process.
- ¾ cup Shea butter
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp vitamin e oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- glass jar
- Put Shea butter, coconut oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado oil in the bowl of a mixer.
- Blend ingredients on high for 3-5 minutes whipping into a thick cream.
- Add clove essential oil and cedarwood essential oil and mix. Add more oil if the scent is not strong enough for you.
- Transfer to a glass jar with an airtight lid.
Store it in a cool, dry place. The mixture will melt if the bathroom is very warm. It will still work, though. If this happens, you can firm it again by putting it in the refrigerator until it gets firm. It can also be blended again with the mixer. To use the shave cream, apply a thin layer to skin and shave.
EUCALYYPTUS AND SPEARMINT SHAVING CREAM
Eucalyptus essential oil is good for cleansing your skin because it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Eucalyptus is a very stimulating oil and livens up your skin.
- ½ cup Shea butter (Find it HERE)
- ½ cup coconut oil (find it HERE)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus oil
- 10 drops spearmint oil
- mason jar (Find it HERE)
- Melt the coconut oil and Shea butter together in a saucepan over low heat.
- After they’re completely melted, remove from the heat and stir in essential oils and olive oil.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it hardens. Then whip it with an electric mixture until it’s fluffy.
- Put the shaving cream in a mason jar with a tight lid.
A majority of men hate shaving because of razor burn and skin irritation after they’ve shaved. Why not make the father in your life an after shave of natural products to help relieve those conditions and help heal them? Forget about the store bought after shave with all the chemicals in them. Try one of these homemade after shave lotions that use only natural healing products.
ESSENTIAL OIL AFTERSHAVE
This aftershave combines deep musky scents with some citrus overtones to give it that woodsy scent most men love. Cypress essential oil has astringent and antiseptic properties that can relieve irritation and help heal the effects of shaving. It has a spicy and masculine fragrance. This oil can cleanse the skin pores and open the sebum glands, which makes healthier skin.
- 4 ml of jojoba or fractionated coconut oil (carrier oils)
- 5 drops cypress essential oil
- 10 drops bergamot essential oil
- 6 drops orange essential oil
- 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 10 ml amber roller bottle (Find it HERE)
- Put the carrier oil into the amber bottle, then add each essential oil 1 drop at a time.
- Close the lid and shake the bottle vigorously, combining all the oils. Test the aftershave and see how it feels on the skin. You can add more carrier oil if it’s too strong or add a few extra drops of essential oils if it’s too weak.
- Once you have it the way you like it, put the lid on and store in a cool, dark place.
- To use, roll the roller bottle over the skin area that’s been shaved.
The essential oils used in this aftershave give it a very masculine scent and it is natural and healthy. Bay essential oil is also an astringent and antiseptic, but also an analgesic (pain reliever), which will relieve pain from any nicks of razor burns from shaving.
- 1 tbs vegetable glycerin (Find it HERE)
- ¾ cups + 2 tsp witch hazel (Find it HERE)
- 24 drops bay laurel leaf essential oil
- 15 drops cinnamon leaf (not cinnamon bark) essential oil
- 15 drops clove essential oil
- 1 glass spray bottle, 8 oz. (Find it HERE)(Or you can use 2 – 4 oz. bottles found HERE)
- In the glass spray bottle, combine the glycerin and essential oils.
- Swirl to combine, then add the witch hazel until the bottle is almost full. It should be about ¾ cup and 2 teaspoons of witch hazel, but you can just fill the bottle. It should be that measurement.
- Put the lid on and shake it well to combine the ingredients.
To make it a Bay Rum aftershave, add 2 Tbsp Spiced Rum.
Before each use, shake the bottle well and liberally spray the aftershave on face to soothe and tone the skin.
An alternative for this recipe is to use 25 drops cedarwood, 10 drops vetiver, and 8 drops bergamot essential oils. This is a more woodsy scent.
3. Beard Oil/Balm
Men with beards always want to make sure their beards look nice. Sometimes beards can become frizzy and uncontrollable, so they need something to keep them conditioned and healthy. Balms and oils are important for those men who want to keep their beard looking good. Here are a couple of ideas to help them do just that.
VETIVER BEARD BALM
This beard balm has a woody, earthen scent that makes it perfect for most bearded men. Vetiver essential oil can help moisturize the skin. Vetiver is what gives this balm the earthy, woody, musky aroma. This is a very good cleansing agent for the face and it clears pores. The properties in vetiver bring great health benefits. Some of these properties are anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, tonic, and an antioxidant.
- 2 oz. Shea butter
- 1 oz. Bees wax (Find it HERE)
- 2 oz. Sweet almond oil
- small tin container (Find it HERE)
- 1-3 drops vetiver essential oil
Melt the Shea butter and beeswax in a small pan on the stove and heat with low heat. Do not overheat these two. Stir them occasionally, not letting them boil. Once they are liquefied, remove pan from the heat. Stir in the almond oil and 1-3 drops of vetiver essential oil until well blended, before the balm becomes solid. Pour the balm into a tin or tins and let it cool. You can add a small twig of pine to give it a little more scent.
This beard balm is good for conditioning the beard and helps it stay manageable and styled. The beeswax in it seals and softens the beard. Massage it into the beard and style it. Also, massage it around the face where the beard is growing. It has great benefits for the skin.
CONDITIONING BEARD OIL
This is great for conditioning the beard and keeping it healthy. The combination of oils gives it a woodsy, somewhat sweet aroma. The frankincense essential oil is also a good oil for skin health. It tones and lifts the skin and strengthens hair roots. Jojoba oil in this recipe soothes and moisturizes the skin. It keeps pores unclogged. The sweet almond oil can heal chapped and irritated skin.
- ½ oz jojoba oil (Find it HERE)
- ½ oz sweet almond oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- dropper bottle (Find it HERE)
- Put all the ingredients in the dropper bottle.
- Put lid on and shake until all the oils are mixed together. That’s it!
- Massage 4-5 drops into the skin under the beard and through the beard.
4. Natural Cologne For Men
Yes, you can even make cologne for men with essential oils. They don’t have all those artificial fragrances and chemicals in them and they can give your health a boost. Here’s a couple of natural colognes that are sure to please your husband, father, uncle or any man that is special to you. Let’s look at another one of the best gift ideas for Father’s Day.
SOLID MEN’S COLOGNE
This cologne uses several ‘manly’ essential oils that not only make a nice cologne but offer many health benefits.
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil (Find it HERE)
- 10 drops cedarwood essentialoil
- 5 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 5 drops pine essential oil
- 3 drops clove bud essential oil
- small tin or glass container(s)
- Melt the beeswax into the almond oil on very low heat.
- Stir the ingredients until combined. Let rest for a minute and then add the essential oils and stir.
- Pour mixture into containers and let cool. To use, apply a small amount to the skin.
MEN’S ENERGY BOOSTING COLOGNE
Here’s a great cologne to give dad some energy throughout the day, but it’s good to use
anytime. It includes ginger essential oil. This oil is used to treat nausea, inflammation, upset stomach, and respiratory conditions. It can bring on courage and self-assurance and is known
as “the oil of empowerment”. Ginger has a sweet and spicy woody scent and works as a stimulant and antiseptic.
- 6 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 6 drops lime essential oil
- 4 drops ginger essential oil
- 10 ml roller bottle
- jojoba oil
- Add the essential oils to the roller ball.
- Fill the remaining space in the roller ball with jojoba oil.
- Shake the bottle well.
- To apply, just roll the cologne onto the wrists and back of the neck.
5. Essential Oil Men’s Bracelet (Not do it yourself)
If you just don’t have time or don’t know if the essential oil personal items above are something you want to try, there are some really nice essential oil bracelets for men. They bring great health benefits. Check out these awesome buys. All you do is add essential oils to the lava stone or leather, breathe in the aroma and, as long as dad has the bracelet on with the oils, he is taking in all the properties and benefits of the oils. Click on the bracelets to find out about them.
My Final Thoughts
You still have time to give dad that very special gift. With these 5 best gift ideas for Father’s Day, one of them is bound to please that special father in your life. Essential oils always make a great gift. Whether you make it yourself, or buy him that awesome bracelet, it let’s him know you not only love him, but you care about his health. Which one or one’s will you choose to make and give your father? It’s up to you! Let me know which one you give him and how he likes it and don’t hesitate to leave a comment or question below. I want to hear from you!
As always, thanks for reading!