Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. This means I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase, but there will absolutely be NO additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
Last Updated on November 21, 2020 by Lynn
Mother’s Day will soon be upon us. Have you done your Mother’s Day shopping yet? Some of you had it done months ago, while others of you are still looking for that perfect gift. Here are some homemade essential oil gifts that will make her feel as special as she truly is, one that she will treasure. What could be more special than essential oil gifts?
I discovered some great ideas for just that special gift, eight homemade essential oil gift ideas for Mother’s Day. These can make the perfect gift for mother’s of any age, and can make perfect Christmas gifts for mother. Oh, and don’t forget birthdays.
There are so many options to consider when shopping for essential oil gifts for your mom. What would make a better gift than something that was made by your own hands, just like when you were young and made your gift at school or on your own? I remember many gifts that I made my mother and she cherished them.
In this post I’m going to share some awesome homemade aromatherapy gifts that your mom will love! What makes them so special? They are things that she can pamper and spoil herself with and make her feel special just like the special mom she is. Let’s get started! Here are the 8 gifts you can make without too much time and energy. Substitute any of the essential oils in these recipes can be made using her favorite essential oil with her favorite scents.
LAVENDER/LEMON HAND CREAM
1. Using a double boiler or a jar in a cooking pan, melt together beeswax and almond oil.
2. Dissolve the borax in water.
3. Add water mixture to a blender and blend in the wax and oil mixture.
4. Blend until the cream begins to thicken and has a hazy appearance.
5. Add essential oils and blend until cream is thick. Put it into the 16 oz container.
6. To use, massage small amount into hands.
BERGAMOT/FRENCH LAVENDER BODY POWDER
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix with a wire whisk until completely combined and put in labeled jar.
3. Dust on skin after every bath or shower.
BLOOD ORANGE AND EUCALYPTUS BATH BOMBS
1 tsp blood orange essential oil
1 tsp eucalyptus essential oil
1 cup corn starch
¾ cup baking soda
½ cup citric acid granules
2 oz. of water in mister bottle
1. Whisk together corn starch, baking soda and citric acid and combine thoroughly.
2. Sprinkle the mixture with oils and whisk again
3. Mist the mixture a few times and mix again. Do this several times until mixture holds together and can be molded.
4. Two options: Divide the mixture into golf size balls or use a bath bomb metal mold to give it a different shape.
5. Remove from mold (if using mold) and let it dry in a warm place, preferably overnight.
6. Store the bombs in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
7. Drop one bomb into bath water and enjoy!
EUCALYPTUS SHOWER SCRUB
24 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
24 drops of grapefruit essential oil
3 oz. Unscented castile soap (Find this HERE, search castile soap)
1/3 cup whole almonds
4 oz. Squeeze bottle
1. Measure soap and oils into bottle.
2. Replace lid and shake until mixture is completely blended.
3. Grind/pulse almonds in blender until it’s medium fine ground. Add ground almonds to bottle, replace lid and shake until it’s all blended together.
4. To use the shower scrub squeeze about 1 tablespoon into a wash cloth and scrub the skin gently and rinse.
WHIPPED BODY BUTTER-MINT CHOCOLATE
½ cup cocoa butter
½ cup coconut oil
20-40 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Using a mixer bowl with a whisk attachment for the mixer, add cocoa butter and coconut oil.
2. Add the peppermint oil and mix, stopping every couple minutes to scrape the bowl.
3. Mix for around 8 minutes until the mixture is whipped nice and smooth.
4. Spoon the butter into the glass jar with resealable lid.
ESSENTIAL OIL ROLL-ON PERFUME
4 drops mandarin orange Essential oil
4 drops rose otto essential oil
2 drops sandalwood essential oil
2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
Amber roll-on bottle
1. Combine all essential oils in the bottle.
2. Fill the bottle with grapeseed oil, replacing lid and shake until the ingredients are well blended.
3. Roll the perfume on wrists, neck and inside elbows, pulse points
Alternatively, use 3 drops bergamot, 3 drops neroli, and 4 drops sandalwood essential oils instead.
HOMEMADE LIP BALM
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon beeswax
2 ½ teaspoons Shea Butter (Try this one)
5 drops vitamin E oil
6 drops peppermint essential oil
4 drops rosemary essential oil
10 lip balm containers
8 oz. Mason jar
1. Add the beeswax, Shea butter, and coconut oil in a mason jar and put in a pot of hot water over medium heat, melting the ingredients in the jar.
2. Remove the jar from the pot and immediately add the vitamin E and essential oils, stirring until combined.
3. Pour the mixture carefully into the lip balm containers.
4. Cool completely.
2 tsp sweet almond oil or coconut oil
1 tsp beeswax / beeswax beads
1 tsp Shea butter
1 – 2 drops essential oils (your choice; for example cinnamon, peppermint, lavender, lemongrass)
lip balm containers
1/8 – ¼ tsp beet powder
1/8 – ¼ tsp cacao powder
1/8 – ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 – ¼ tsp maca powder
1/8 – ¼ tsp spirulina powder
1/8 – ¼ tsp turmeric powder
1. Add the beeswax, Shea butter, and coconut oil in a mason jar and put in a pot of hot water, melting the ingredients in the jar over medium heat.
2. Stir in any one of the optional coloring.
3. Remove from heat and immediately sir in the essential oils.
4. Pour mixture into the lip balm containers and let cool.
NOTES; 1. If you use any citrus essential oils, be aware that they are, to one degree or another, photo toxic, which means they can cause excessive burning when exposed to the sun. 2. You can use a combination of whatever essential oils you choose, whatever scents are favorites of your mother.
My Final Thoughts
There you have it. Eight very special homemade essential oil gifts for Mother’s Day or, for that matter, any day! What could be more special than that? These gifts are so unique and special they would be great for any woman in your life; aunts, grandmothers, sisters, friends.
Don’t stop with just your mom! Create something special and let them know how much you love them. Another great idea is to make a gift basket with several of these homemade gifts by themselves or in conjunction with any other gift you choose to give! Come back and tell me which one you made for your mom and how much she loved it! I’d love to hear!
As always, thanks for reading!